For me, this type of meal ticks all the boxes, and has all the foods I love in one place. A jumble of pure loveliness all over ma plate, – that is of course- did you guess?
The main recipe on this dish, is “my turkey chilli” and you can serve with whatever you like, rice, wraps, wedges, salad, or all the latter!
Well it is the weekend.
Something I have done over the years, and now love is just adding half the tin of beans to the chilli, and keep the other half to one side in a bowl with some seasoning, lemon, parsley, freshly chopped baby tomatoes, mix and add to plates when serving. It adds a much welcomed fresh flavour to the dish, and the mixture of cooked and uncooked bean textures works so well.
Serves 4 Adults.
250g of lean turkey mince
A tin of mixed beans
1 red onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
Smoked paprika (2 tablespoons)
Organic chicken stock cube
Mixed dried herbs (tablespoon)
Chilli flakes (teaspoon)
2 bay leaves
Bottle of passata
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil (tablespoon)
1) To a frying pan add sliced mushrooms and sliced red onion with olive oil. Sauté on a medium heat till mushrooms start to change colour.
2) Add the turkey mince and continue to sauté.
3) Once all the meat is sealed, add the herbs, paprika, garlic.
4) Add the passata, chicken stock, chilli flakes and bay leaves and cook on a low heat for an hour.
5) Add the beans to the pan, remove bay leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6) Sprinkle some fresh parsley over and serve.
Can be frozen, defrost thoroughly and reheat to boiling point.
Any meat can be used, quorn – or maybe lots of vegetables, beans and chickpeas.
It’s great to cook in batches, add to pasta, rice, jacket potatoes for a quick filling and tasty lunch or dinner.
The whole pan is 12 Smart Points on Weight Watchers – so 4pp per portion.
Let me know if you try it, and what you think.