As the summer approaches, quick, easy, tasty, and light food vibes is the way I go.
But also filling, in my opinion life is to god damn short to battling with them hunger pangs.
This meal is becoming a firm favourite in our house ,and one I just had to share.
So everyone loves tuna pasta right? Of course if you are a vegetarian, leave the tuna out, the basis of this dish and the ultimate star, is the dressing.
Tin of Tuna
1 red onion
1 tin of sweetcorn and peas
70g of diced cucumber
Half a bag of mixed lettuce leaves
40g of light mayonnaise
20g of English mustard
Juice from a full lemon
Teaspoon of chilli flakes (optional)
1) Pour pasta and diced carrot into pan, and cook as stated on packaging. ( I turn heat off one minute before recommended cooking time).
2) In another pan boil 2 eggs for around 4 minutes on a medium heat
3) Slice red onion finely, dice cucumber into bite sized chunks and shred lettuce leaves.
4) Drain pasta and carrots, and transfer back to pan.
5) Add all the salad, tin of sweetcorn and peas, and tuna to the pan and mix through.
6) Add the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and chilli flakes.
7) Season the dish with salt and pepper.
8) Run the boiled eggs through cool water, and peel shells, and dice into quarters.
9) Plate up, and tuck in!
Such a simple, store cupboard meal, that’s super quick and easy, the mustard and lemon juice pimps the whole thing up, and adds a super tasty, distinct flavour.