The season of BBQs is upon us, YES!
The beautiful men in our lives start thinking they are Heston Blumenthal for the summer, and start shoving burgers, and beers in our face all the live long day!
Why do they do that??
An action plan has to be formed, and well we cant refuse the burger can we? That`s just rude!
So picture this- a guilt free burger, the sun beaming down, and a cold glass of beer is in ones hand! Yes you can still have all that – I promise.
I made these as a low carb, and low fat alternative to the typical burger, solely because I don’t want to be rolling into the winter months a couple of stone heavier.
120g Turkey Mince
Tablespoon of mixed herbs
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and Pepper
4 Portobello mushrooms
1 tablespoon of Philadelphia
1 teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce
1) Wash hands, and combine turkey mince, egg, herbs, chilli and salt and pepper and mix together.
2) Form burger shaped patties with your hand. Four small ones or two large ones.
3) Add to a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and fry on a low heat. Flipping occasionally.
4) Skewer cubed halloumi, peppers and courgettes onto three skewers and place in a Pyrex dish, to be grilled.
5) Place mushrooms in the same Pyrex dish as the skewers and cook on a medium grill. Five minutes into the cooking time, flip over the mushrooms so the stalk is facing up, and smear Philadelphia and sweet chilli sauce in the mushroom, and place under grill for another 2 minutes.
6) At this point the turkey burgers should be golden brown, and cooked through. To check and be sure, place a skewer through the middle, the juices will run clear if cooked.
7) Take the Pyrex dish from grill, and plate up mushrooms and skewers
8) Place the turkey burger on one mushroom and add another mushroom on top, to form a fake burger.
9) Serve with a salad of your choice, and any condiments. I added some wilted spinach.
What do you think? Will you try?