“How do you like your eggs in the morning? I like mine with a kiss, boiled or fried i`m satisfied as long as I get my kiss”
It`s Monday and the weekend is a distant memory. Well it will soon be back around again and this recipe is perfecto for a lazy weekend brunch. It packs so much flavour.
Carnivores don’t fret you won`t miss the meat at all. There is so much going on and so many flavours you will be licking the plate clean.
- 3 free range or organic eggs.
- 70g mushrooms
- Half a red onion sliced thinly
- Smoked paprika
- Dried coriander
- 3 sliced garlic cloves
- Tin of tinned tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil.
1) Fry the mushrooms, onions and garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil on the hob and on a low heat for 10-12 minutes. Add a tablespoon of smoked paprika, coriander powder and cumin.
2) Add tinned tomatoes and salt and pepper and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
3) Crack 3 eggs on top of the mix and then cook on the hob for a further 8 minutes with the lid on. You want the eggs to be cooked but still a little runny. Garnish with parsley.
4) Serve with a tortilla, bagel what ever takes your fancy. I served with a mixed salad and some feta cheese.
This recipe serves 3 people, just add more eggs if you are feeding more people.
You could also add Parma ham on top or fry some pancetta with the mushrooms and onions if you really, really need some meat. Add chilli flakes if you want to add an extra spicy kick.
What do you think? Will you try?