Do you use a facial oil?
I must admit its pretty newish in my skin routine. I was scared to try one I always thought an oil on my face would be the ultimate cardinal sin for my skin, resulting in an outbreak of spots and making my skin appear oily. I obviously didn’t have a clue what I was going on about.
1) Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil – Dehydrated Skin 30ml on offer for £24.
2) Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil – Oily or Combination Skin 30ml on offer for £24.
3) Balance Me Radiance Facial Oil -Suitable for all Skin Types 30ml Costs £30.
4) Trilogy Rosehip Oil- All Skin Types 20ml Costs £16.50.
Now whenever my skin starts kicking off and being a little terror, a facial oil is the very top of my list. Here are some reasons why using an oil is beneficial in your skincare routine.
- Oils prevents water loss, resulting in plumping your skin that results in less visible wrinkles and an overall more radiant and healthy, glowy appearance.
- Fight oil with oil-if you are suffering with oily, spotty skin, chances are introducing an oil will drastically help. Sometimes your body creates more oil because you are over drying it. Just give it a whirl you will be surprised.
- In the colder months our skin is just screaming out for oil, oil, oil. Central heating, car heaters, office heaters not drinking enough water, all contribute to the skin drying.
First thing is to pick an oil that suits your skin type. Dry,oily/combo what ever you are pick the right one suited to you. So when do you use an oil? I cleanse, tone, serum and then use an oil every other night in rotation with moisturiser, but if you want to use a moisturiser also, then moisturise first then use an oil. A really thin layer is all you need all over the face pressing it in lightly with your fingers.
Above are my top facial oil picks that I have tried and loved.
Another thing I adore is they last forever you will only have to invest in one, once or twice a year.
Have you tried any of the above?
Do you have any recommendations?